Terence McKenna (November 16, 1946 – April 3, 2000) was an American ethnobotanist, mystic, psychonaut, lecturer, and author who spoke and wrote about a variety of subjects, including psychedelic drugs, plant-based entheogens, shamanism, metaphysics, alchemy, language, philosophy, culture, technology, and the theoretical origins of human consciousness. He was called the “Timothy Leary of the ’90s”, “one of the leading authorities on the ontological foundations of shamanism”, and the “intellectual voice of rave culture”.
McKenna formulated a concept about the nature of time based on fractal patterns he claimed to have discovered in the I Ching, which he called novelty theory, proposing this predicted the end of time in the year 2012. His promotion of novelty theory and its connection to the Maya calendar is credited as one of the factors leading to the widespread beliefs about 2012 eschatology.
In this segment, the great noetic archaeologist Terence McKenna discusses his views on the use of NN-Dimethyltryptamine (DMT) and psilocybin mushrooms, in addition to the role of angels, aliens and entities vis-a-vis history.
Note: the opinions given in this talk are those of Terence alone and by no means reflect those of this channel and its poster (well… at least not entirely). Think for yourself – please do your own research. Otherwise, it’s a great talk from a great speaker. R.I.P. Terence)
Books by Terence McKenna:
– The Brotherhood of the Screaming Abyss: http://amzn.to/1SXK2mX
– Food of the Gods: A Radical History of Plants, Drugs, and Human Evolution: http://amzn.to/1TD1jkJ
– The Invisible Landscape: http://amzn.to/1TD1oVH
– The Archaic Revival: http://amzn.to/1SXKcuA
– Psilocybin: Magic Mushrooms Grower’s Guide: http://amzn.to/1SXKcLc
– Chaos, Creativity, and Cosmic Consciousness: http://amzn.to/1TD1xIG